Well, the new TV season is upon us and I'm bound and determined to find at least one TV show that I enjoy watching. The fact that the last "new" TV show I remember getting hooked on was West Wing which has now ended its run of many years should tell you something about my TV watching habits... not to mention that given the choice of watching pretty much any show currently on or Mary Tyler Moore, Mary will win 99% of the time!lol Most of my TV watching these days is done on HGTV - I enjoy design shows.
Anyhow, we've now entered the current century when it comes to TV technology and have gotten our cable company's equivalent of TIVO. This means I can press a button and a show is magically recorded - no more rifling through a bunch of tapes trying to figure out if it's okay to tape over or if I'll be taping over the only existing copy of my wedding video; no more hoping there's space on the tape and no more hoping while I'm out that I even remembered to put in a tape!
So, with this new ease of taping, I've been taping a ton of shows, some new, some old, most I've never heard of but am willing to give 10 minutes of my time to in order to see if it's something I might actually find watchable. So far, I've taped everything from Brothers and Sisters (haven't watched it yet), Smith (also haven't watched yet), Help me help you (haven't watched yet - you see a theme here??lol) I'll get back to you on those once I've had a few minutes to watch - or if you've watched them, please comment!! I have watched Boston Legal, a show someone put me on to last year, and I'm enjoying it. I rented Season 1 over the summer and look forward to watching the current season and renting Season 2 when it comes out shortly.
The next thing I watched, unbelievingly enough, was "Gene Simmons Family Jewels"... who knew Gene Simmons from Kiss had a show... who knew he was even still around!!lol I'd read on a China blog somewhere that someone had enjoyed this show and when I saw it on my listings, set to RECORD. You know what, the 2 episodes I taped were actually kind of amusing... I might even set it to tape again.Then came Amazing Race - fun show which we can watch with Thomas and it's always nice to spend that one hour a week watching TV together. We've been fans of this show since the beginning and have watched most of it except for the family edition - that one was unfortunately terribly boring!
And then we come to my very fave new show so far: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I had high hopes for this show since I loved West Wing, enjoy both Bradely Whitford and Matthew Perry and generally enjoy Aaron Sorkin's style. I've seen the first 2 episodes and I'm liking it a lot...let's hope that continues. So, that's my TV recap so far - if you've seen a new show you like, please tell me about it!! And finally I should add that I do not watch medical shows. I know House looks really interesting and I hear Grey's Anatomy is great, but medical shows gross me out...I don't care how much of the show is about relationships and not medical stuff, there's enough medical stuff to gross me out and I can't watch them, they're simply not enjoyable for me, they stress me out!lol
Oh, and on one last note - Thomas votes for "Loonatics Unleashed" as his fave new show and Emma is just now beginning to sit and watch a minute or two of TV...so far, she seems to like Go Diego Go - who knew Dora had a spinoff!!
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
TiVo ROCKS in our house... *got it back when they offered the 'pay once for a lifetime of service* so we're all hooked up! Our shows are as follows:
Ruby: Peep in the Big Wide World (TLC)
Maisy (Noggin)
Momma: The class, How I met your mother, Two & a half men, HOUSE, Survivor & Men in Trees & Desperate Housewives.
Aside from endless repeats of 'Whose Line is it Anyway' that's about all she wrote. =)
Of all the shows listed, the ones I absolutely CANNOT MISS; House, Men in Trees & Desperate Housewives. Not that I miss anything with a TiVo, but sometimes if I don't have the time to catch the other shows, I don't lose any sleep over it.
Happy DVR'ing girl! =)
-Amy & Ruby Cate
All of my TV is either baseball, football, or Deigo. My g-d my kids love Diego....
Love the DVR - we faithfully watch CSI (Las Vegas) and The Unit. And if we think of it, we'll watch Myth Busters and Dirty Jobs.
I'm loving Studio 60 as well, Julie. I miss West Wing and this at least gives me a little fix!
The other show I really enjoy, although it's at the end of it's season now, is Project Runway. It's a reality show about a fashion design competition. Fun stuff!
Post a Comment