Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Language Explosion
In the last couple of weeks, Emma has had an amazing language explosion. She turned 21 months this weekend. She's been using single words for a few months now and makes her needs known quite well, but she hadn't started putting words together until a couple of weeks ago. She now speaks in pretty full sentences: "Emma sit here", "Emma eat cake", "Give Emma fork", "Emma eat muffin, Toby(cat) not eat muffin", "Throw Toby ball, Toby chase ball" etc. As I'm sitting here typing, I hear her ordering Gary around at the dinner table (we ate already, he got home late from work). I hear "Daddy no look paper" (Gary was trying to read the newspaper while eating), "Daddy, more cake peeeeease", "Emma eat, more cake, cake all gone"... she's really hysterical and I can't believe how much she's talking now. (Her please is hilarious...it's a really long Peeeaaaase said with a very sweet "I'm too cute for you to say no" look on her face!) She also sings "Twinkle, twinkle little star" pretty well... I'll have to get her on tape in the next few days. This is really one of my favourite stages. I know soon she'll be using her new found vocabulary to drive us mad, but for now, it's just amazingly cute! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love that! When they go from nothing to everything in just a matter of days!
Go Emma!
Right now Deanna is going through tons of words too, but only one at a time. I can't wait for sentances or parts of sentances. Anyway, we would love to see Emma singing, so please post that once you capture her performance.
It's so great when they really start to talk. Have fun!
Janet T.
What exciting news Julie. Sounds like Miss Emma is doing exceptionally well. Can't wait to see her singing her song...do post it! Our Emma is saying words and has put together the odd 2 words like the other day Daddy was teasing her and she said "bad daddy" LOL
Keep it up Emma!!! Love and miss you lot's
Emma is quickly leaving babyhood behind, isn't she. What a cutie and what a fun age! I love that picture of her and Thomas sitting on the stairs, and then I got curious ~ what portraits (the outdoors ones) you decided on from ahile ago?
Wow - that's fabulous. Lilei has been saying hi, oh oh, bye bye for a couple weeks and has just started trying to say ball. In all honesty (and I'm not joking), I think she can say more, but chooses not to because Sushan and I know what she wants. It's just that every now and then, I'll think I hear her say something, but she won't repeat it. Maybe Emma with have to come over and give a few lessons!
Post a Comment