
One of our favourite dinners in the Thomas and Emma household these days is steak in a peppercorn sauce with mushrooms (Emma ADORES mushrooms...this child will eat anything!) and onions on a bed of white rice. I used to make my peppercorn sauce, but one day I was at a neighbourhood grocery store and in the meat counter was steak in a peppercorn marinade, all ready to go. Bought it, tried it, loved it and no longer make my own since the butcher was kind enough to lead me to the bottled marinade he uses. Anyhow, as I'm preparing dinner tonight, I look at the bottle label a little more closely and it reads: "Peppercorn Sauce - The European style prepared with Brandy, Sour Cream, Green Peppercorns and Black Truffles". Umm...brandy?? Perhaps that explains why the kids go to bed so easily after this particular dinner!lol I'm kidding!!! I'm sure the amount of brandy is minimal and nonexistent by the time the sauce has spent 20 minutes in my skillet on the stovetop, but still... brandy, who knew. I might start drinking it straight from the bottle!!lol BTW, it's called Peppercorn Sauce and it's by Buckhead Gourmet in Atlanta, GA. Oh, and I swear it tastes a lot better than this picture would lead you to believe!lol Guess I'll never have a career taking pictures for cookbooks!lol
1 comment:
This sounds delicious:) I will look out for it next time I am shopping.
Post a Comment