Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ouch!!


Notice Emma's left eye - see how it looks a little red and swollen in the corner? See it? Yup, that would be my fault!! Guess I'm definitely not up for the "good mommy" award today!! I of course brought the new camera to take pictures at the beach. I'm used to a small "throw it in your pocket" digital camera. The new camera is BIG (Nikon D80 digital SLR) and it has a big lens on it. Emma asked me for something and as I leaned in to give it to her, the camera, which was on a strap around my neck, swung forward and the lens bopped her in the face....ouch!!! Yeah, no mommy award for me today, unless it's the clueless mommy award!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

awwwwwwwww POOR BABY! She'll be ok, it doesn't look that bad, although I'm sure it hurt like hell initially as that's a pretty sensitive spot on the face. Listen, I've done the same thing to Ruby at times... not with a lens but accidents happen & don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure she'll be fine & the silver lining is that, even with a red dot on her eye, she's STILL one heck of a BEAUTIFUL GIRL!

*hugs*

Shannon said...

I'm sure every parent, including myself, out there can attest to doing something that ended up accidentally hurting our kids. Just think, it can be a good opportunity for modeling that accidents happen to everyone, and to saying I'm sorry when they happen.

my3 kids said...

Awe I agree with what has already been said. Heck i am sure I have lost mother of the year with little things happening to the kids that were such an awful accident but it happens and we learn from our mistakes...LOL Swallen eye and all she is still one super cute little sweetie! Hugs,

Janice and Emma xoxo

Thumbelina's Mom said...

At least it didn't happen before a family portrait appointment =) Looks like you had a lot of fun at the beach.