Because apparently having pretty much crossed North America from coast to coast and practically from North to South in the last couple of weeks wasn't enough for us, off we went again a few days ago. Well, I decided I wanted to stay in a cool boutique hotel, not the family based suites hotels that we now most often book these days . The fact is, these suites hotels are the most convenient, but they're not the most interesting. However, it's tough having just one room with kids...what do you do after they're in bed?? I remember once a couple of years ago, we rented one room only and Thomas was in bed by 9:00 and Gary and I were sitting in the bathroom reading!!lolol Anyhow, so Thomas thought this was the coolest room we've ever stayed in because it was on 2 levels. The service was also impeccable - I can't remember feeling this pampered at a hotel in a very long time. It's just the little touches: the plants and orchids were real (I really dislike fake plants... would rather have none than plastic!), we requested a crib for Emma and it was in the room when we arrived (yeah, this should be an obvious one, but trust me, I've had to make many a call and wait for hours for Emma to get a crib at other hotels), there were a bunch of complimentary water bottles in the hotel, as well as a basket full of them by the front door of the hotel so you could pick up some water on your way out exploring; chocolates on the pillows and when the valet brought your car, he referred to you by name, etc... just a bunch of little things, but they just make you feel like they're on the ball at this hotel. Also, it's not a kid based hotel, but the staff went above and beyond and out of their way to speak with the kids and make their stay enjoyable as well. My pics really don't do it justice, but here we go:
Here is something I don't think we've ever had in a hotel room before - our very own washer and dryer, not to mention all supplies at hand. If I'd known this, I would have packed much lighter!lol
Thomas heading upstairs for a tour.
The main floor living area which included an office area, a TV area, a kitchen area and another bathroom.


3 comments:
Complimentary water bottles?? Wow!! The room is splendid! What city was it in ~ I've got to stay there one of these days...was there a spa? My family always teases me because I look for spas when we go on holidays.
Wow...what a great 'room'! Where is this grand hotel?
Shelley
Wow, definatly beats the Marriots we stay in when we travel...or the Econolodge! All 6 of us pile into one room. Usually when the kids finally settle down, Marty and I are sounds asleep! No romance in our hotel rooms!!! LOL
Carla
Post a Comment